It’s detox time! We all should do some sort of detox once a month. Detoxing brings back balance to our body so that our system can function properly again.
How do you know you need to detox? This is what experts say…
- Unexplained fatigue
- Sluggish elimination
- Irritated skin
- Low-grade infection
- Puffy eyes or bags under the eyes
- Menstrual problems
- Mental confusion
How do you start a detox?
I usually do a 3-day green detox (pictured above) and it is very gentle and does not require anything of me.
But….If you really want to see long term results you can…Lighten up your toxin load. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, refined sugars, saturated fats. Eliminate chemical-based household cleaners. Use clean living products safe for you and your family (cleansers, shampoos, deodorants, and toothpastes).
Top 10 Ways to help your body detoxify (from the GAIAM article)
- Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock, and milk thistle, and drinking green tea. The 3-day gentle detox I use has these herbs in it.
- Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins.
- Drink at least two quarts of water a day, made easy by bringing a gallon water jug like this one from Amazon with you everywhere you go! I have the pink one and love it! 💕 Read my blog post about the water challenge I am doing.
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
- Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions.
- Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes.
- Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate waste through perspiration.
- Dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores.
- What’s the most important way to detoxify? “Exercise,” says Bennett. “Yoga or jump-roping are good. One hour every day.” Also try Qigong, a martial arts based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits.
Always make sure you consult your doctor before using any health treatment, including herbal supplements and natural remedies, and tell your doctor if you have a serious medical condition or are taking any medications. The information presented here is for educational purposes only and is in no way intended as a substitute for medical counseling.
The 3-Day Detox is sooo easy, gentle and delicious! The best part is how I feel afterwards…like a million bucks. No more bloating or sluggishness. That’s a win! ❤️