Do you like spaghetti? Then you need to try this recipe! I created my own meat sauce to go with it.
• 1 small onion chopped
• 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
• 3 garlic cloves minced or 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 28 oz. can of diced, crushed, or whole tomatoes (I use San Marzano tomatoes)
• 1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
• 1 15 oz. can of tomato puree or tomato sauce
• 1 tbs basil, 1 tbs oregano, and 1 tbs Italian seasoning
• 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
• Salt and pepper to taste (I put about 2 tsp of each)
• 1 cup of water
• 1 lb of ground bison (no need to drain grease)
• 1 lb of Italian sage sausage (casings removed)
• Parmesan cheese for serving
• 2 lbs of Spaghetti cooked per directions
Saute onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil, set aside. Cook the bison until no longer pink. Then add all of the ingredients together and cook for 30 – 45 minutes and serve. I like to simmer at a low-medium heat for 1 hr. The longer you cook, the better the flavor. This recipe feeds 6 people.